[rabbitmq-discuss] BasicPublish() from .NET client hangs after upgrading server to 1.7.1

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Jan 28 17:00:40 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 04:34:30PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Sadly, whoever wrote that didn't notice the fact that DWORD and DWORDLONG
> are unsigned, whereas %I64d says to interpret the value as signed.

Err not only that, but DWORDLONG is, err, long, whereas the %d treats it
as a normal int. The %I64 seems to be saying print in the system locale,
and prefix with up to 64 characters of whitespace. This truncation is
why we're seeing the negative values. The %I64u goes wrong as soon as you
have > 4GB RAM installed. I *think* it should be %I64lu.

Matthew