[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq server crash and no start more

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Jan 26 11:03:06 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:44:50AM -0200, Gustavo Aquino wrote:
> I'm posting about my others environments that I got the same problem, after
> one analysis my conclusion is that hostname and network configuration causes
> the problem too.
>
> In two cases RHE and Debian RabbitMQ stop to work when my NOC team change
> server address and hostname configurations. I delete the schema.DAT and all
> come back to work again.

Your best bet is to edit the various scripts to use -name instead of
-sname and then to set the node to eg rabbit at localhost.

You'll need to edit the rabbitmq-multi, rabbitmq-server and rabbitmqctl
shell scripts and replace all occurrences of -sname with -name.

Then you should be able to set the NODENAME variable in
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf to rabbit at localhost, or set the
RABBITMQ_NODENAME env var.

This way, it should be resistant to IP changes.

Matthew