[rabbitmq-discuss] Will this work?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jan 21 11:40:06 GMT 2010

Dinabandhu,

Dinabandhu Mitra wrote:
> I searched the mailing list for correct way to write a multithreaded
> application for RabbitMQ and found a post from you that suggests I
> should have a single shared socket but thread specific connection and
> channel.

I cannot help you with the C client in general - that is Tony's domain
and he's on holiday - but the above is definitely wrong: a single tcp
connection can only handle a single AMQP connection.

OTOH, you can indeed have multiple channels per AMQP connection, and
that is indeed what you'd do if you have multiple client threads.

Regards,

Matthias.