[rabbitmq-discuss] Data may be missing, Corrupt logfile deleted

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Jan 19 21:54:50 GMT 2010

John,

john_od wrote:
> My rabbitmq keeps erroring with the following message:
>
> Mnesia('rabbit at hostname'): Data may be missing, Corrupt logfile deleted:
> "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/rabbit_durable_route.TMP",
> {file_error,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/rabbit_durable_route.TMP",
> emfile}

emfile errors are often an indication that rabbit has run out of file
descriptors, the most likely cause of which is too many concurrent AMQP
connections.

I suggest you run 'rabbitmqctl list_connections' repeatedly to see
whether there is any growth in the connection count. Tools like
'netstat' and 'lsof' can help too to figure out where the file
descriptors are going.

If a high connection count is expected in your application, you may have
to raise the OS-imposed fd limits.

Regards,

Matthias.