[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit crash

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jan 18 18:24:45 GMT 2010

Jeremy,

Jeremy Dunck wrote:
> I have an erlang crash log

Unfortunately in this instance that doesn't tell us much, except that it
looks like rabbit *didn't* run out of memory or fail with a
configuration error, which are the most common causes of crashes we see.

> but unfortunately lost Rabbit's log because I started the service in
> haste, and forgot that I have Rabbit configured to reuse the logs.

The rabbitmq-server.BAT startup script appends the old log to
rabbit.log.1. Did that not happen?

Anyway, next time (which is hopefully never ;) please send a copy of the
rabbit.log and rabbit-sasl.log, as well as the crash dump.

Regards,

Matthias.