[rabbitmq-discuss] Page to disk feature

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Jan 14 11:16:32 GMT 2010

Hi Scott,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 09:52:11AM -0800, scott w wrote:
> What is the status of the "page to disk" feature that will ensure the node
> doesn't crash when the message exceed memory capacity? I realize it's not in
> a stable release yet but is there a stable fix for it yet and if so what
> patch do I need to download?

You need to compile from source. If you grab our hg repo following the
instructions on http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-server.html and before you
make hg up -C bug21673

Several people are using it and it is reasonably stable. However, there
are occasional issues found which I very gratefully receive (especially
if I can figure out how to reproduce them!). I'm always very interested
to hear how people are getting on with the new persister - whether
they're liking the behaviour they're seeing, so please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Matthew