[rabbitmq-discuss] How to Connect Glassfish (MDB) to RabbitMQ??

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 14:24:55 GMT 2010

On 01/08/2010 12:30 PM, john_od wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect to rabbitMQ from a Glassfish Java EE Server (thanks
> Alexis for your post on the glassfish forum -
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=379022&#379022).  I was
> under the impression the right way to do this would be to use an MDB to poll
> for messages integrating with the JMS client wrapped by the generic resource
> adapter.  Per Alexis's post that sounds like it won't work.

It should in theory work if you use one of the AMQP based JMS
clients[1]. You'll need to use the generic JMS resource adapter (and I
haven't myself tried that), but that should allow intergation with any
compliant JMS client.

[1] E.g. the openamq JMS client (www.openamq.org, see also
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2009/03/16/openamqs-jms-client-with-rabbitmq-server)
or the Qpid JMS client (qpid.apache.org).