[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang R12B and new persister

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:04:55 GMT 2010

> I now *have* to ask what you are doing with 1200 machines.  Please can
> you say a bit about that?  Is RabbitMQ on all of them?

It's not a huge cluster or anything like that; it's around 1200 (I
really don't know the exact number, but I think it's in that
neighborhood) customers that are running the machines we sold them,
and Rabbit's running on all (or at least all up-to-date) of them.  We
started out with the database-as-a-message-queue antipattern, but that
worked as well for us as it does for everybody else, so we found a
nice alternative :)  Even with having to work around rabbit's current
out of memory behaviour, it's a ton better than trying to use a
Postgres table as a queue.