[rabbitmq-discuss] Single vs Multiple Queues

vishnu pathsny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 03:53:06 GMT 2010

Hi
   We're looking at building a back end which picks up 3 or 4 different
messages. Now we have the option of using a single queue and sending
different messages through it, or multiple queues each of which is dedicated
for a single kind of message.

We're wondering what's more common. We're thinking of using Scala with lift
amqp or the Java api to connect to RabbitMq. On one hand using multiple
queues makes it seem like we're going to have to prioritise the number of
threads or processes per queue which seems like we're trying to optimise
that.