[rabbitmq-discuss] Should requent queue creation-attachment-deletion be avoided?

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:04:02 GMT 2010

Hi,

I am thinking how to model my problem with RabbitMQ and AMQP. Let me
describe it briefly.

There are something like 1000 entities about which central site should
publish and broadcast information. There are also something like
100-1000 clients which can choose only one of those items and receive
pushed updates to its state. I was thinking about setting an exchange
to which updates are going to be published, and each client would get
its private queue attached to it to fetch updates from. The updates
need not to be persisted or ack-ed.

Now the clients might at some times quite frequently change the entity
they are monitoring, maybe even once per second if they are edgy. Over
the period of 6-10 hours that might cumulate to quite large number of
private queues being created, attached to exchanges and deleted
subsequently. Is this going to be costly and possible time and
resource drain?

Maybe queues need not to be deleted but they could be just reattached
with different keyword pattern? Is that possible and if yes, would it
also present performance and resource issue?

Or maybe this should be modeled in some other way?

Many thanks!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/