[rabbitmq-discuss] error message trying to start stomp adapter?

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Tue Feb 23 03:43:19 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at lshift.net>wrote:

> Erik,
>
> Erik Anderson wrote:
>
>> Bah!  okay, looks like I solved my own problem.
>>
>> ALL instances of "127.0.0.1" in both the startup script and config
>> have been changed to {127,0,0,1}
>>
>> I'm guessing success messages now.
>>

> That's interesting. The string version normally works. It goes through the
> Erlang/OTPs name resolver though, which might go wrong for various reasons.
>
> I guess we should be using the tuple version in our default configs and
> examples since it's more efficient and is less likely to result in the kind
> of problems you have experiences. I have filed a bug to get that done.
>
> Glad you got things working in the end, and thanks for your patience.

Well, I did post a link in my previous response (wish Google Groups would
generally work better with this mailing list) to a bug report that someone
filed like six months ago that made it appear as though Windows 2003 (the
platform I'm using here) will start timing out all name resolve requests
after any network timeout occurs (and I do notice a timeout-like delay when
starting the TCP listeners).  I have nowhere near enough debugging
information on me (or any experience with erlang) to determine whether the
same thing is occurring here, but as using tuples seems to have resolved the
issue I strongly suspect that the issues might be related.  My thought is
that this issue will only come up when resolving items after the TCP
listeners have been brought up.