[rabbitmq-discuss] Re-creation of queues not allowed

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Sun Feb 21 12:50:03 GMT 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:11:17PM +0000, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> In that case simply make the queues non-durable and the messages
> non-persistent. That way when R1 goes down the queue well and truly
> disappears and you can re-create it on another node, i.e. your existing
> logic would work just fine.

Yup. I was going to suggest not using a cluster, then having both
consumers create the queues and subscribe on *both* nodes. Then you
could stick a load balancer or just have a smart producer - provided
the producer can send a message to one of the two nodes, that message
well get to one of the clients. This seems to be more what you're
after - HA rather than scalability.

Matthew