[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP & AMPQ

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Feb 18 05:50:22 GMT 2010

Lionel Cons wrote:
> In any case AMQP 1-0 will require a change of the STOMP gateway to
> expose the new nodes, links, filters... Time for a clean mapping
> between AMQP and STOMP?

I really like STOMP's transfer syntax. Its model (what is a queue? what
is a topic? how does everything interact once a request is on the
server-side?) needs pretty serious work.

I'd love to see the AMQP model exposed *directly* as STOMP commands,
with commands like "BASIC.PUBLISH", "QUEUE.DECLARE" etc., and with the
normal STOMP verbs removed.

Obviously it wouldn't interoperate with other STOMP servers, but at
least you'd have a standardised model to work with. It's much much
easier to write a STOMP client library than it is to write an AMQP
client library.

Tony