[rabbitmq-discuss] Error while Running RabbitMQ along with pluggins BQL and Shovel

Paul Jones pauljones23 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:18:24 GMT 2010

As a starting point, you should remove the two symlinks in the directory -
with the .ez files and the symlinks, you now have the erlang client and bql
installed as plugins twice.

Once you've done this, are you seeing the exact same error message?

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Seema Biradar <seemasbiradar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Even after downloading erlang-rfc4627 and latest rabbitmq-bql I am still
> facing the same error.
>
> I have downloded  erlang-rfc4627  from the site
> http://hg.opensource.lshift.net/erlang-rfc4627/
>
> rabbitmq-bql from
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql/.
>
> my folder structure is like
>
> RabbitMQ server :
>  /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server
>
> Rabbitmq -BQL
> /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-bql
>
> Plugin folder of rabbitmq-server contains.
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root rootuser     28 Feb  4 13:44
>  rabbitmq-erlang-client -> ../../rabbitmq-erlang-client
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root rootuser  41041 Feb  5 12:35
>  rfc4627_jsonrpc.ez
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root rootuser 238092 Feb  5 12:37
> rabbitmq-bql.ez
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 root rootuser 104210 Feb  5 12:37              amqp_client.ez
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root rootuser     18 Feb  5 13:17
> rabbitmq-bql -> ../../rabbitmq-bql.
>
> Please help me on this.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Seema
>

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Seema,
>>
>> It turns out there were two problems in play here. Firstly, as Matthew
>> said in his emails, you'll also need the erlang-rfc4627 package. You'll also
>> need to pull in the latest change for rabbitmq-bql, since unfortunately a
>> change in the erlang client resulted in the plugin breaking. I've corrected
>> this, and after being able to reproduce the problem before, it is now
>> working for me.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>>
>>   On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Seema Biradar <seemasbiradar at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>   Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am getting the Following error while running the Rabbitmq along with
>>> shovel and BQL pluggin.
>>>
>>> broker running
>>> Erlang has closed
>>>                  {"Kernel pid
>>> terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,rabbitmq_bql,{shutdown,{rabbitmq_bql,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}
>>> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
>>> Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
>>> ({application_start_failure,rabbitmq_bql,{shutdown,{rabbitmq_bql,start,[normal,[]]}}})
>>> make: *** [run] Error 1
>>>   here are the steps I followed while running Shovel and RabbitMQ BQL
>>> pluggins.
>>>

>>> 1. hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella
>>> 2 .cd rabbitmq-public-umbrella
>>> 3 .hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen
>>> 4 .hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client
>>> 5 .hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server
>>> 6. hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-shovel
>>> 7. hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql
>>> 8. cd rabbitmq-server
>>> 9. hg up -C bug16653
>>> 10.make -j
>>> 11. mkdir -p plugins
>>> 12. cd plugins
>>> 13. ln -s ../../rabbitmq-erlang-client
>>> 14. ln -s ../../rabbitmq-shovel
>>> 15. ln -s ../../rabbitmq-bql
>>> 16. cd ../../rabbitmq-erlang-client
>>> 17. make
>>> 18. cd ../rabbitmq-shovel
>>> 19. make
>>> 18. cd ../rabbitmq-bql
>>> 19. make
>>> 20. cd ../rabbitmq-server
>>> 21. ./scripts/rabbitmq-activate-plugins