[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitHub: Binding a queue to an exchange

Michael Bridgen mikeb at lshift.net
Wed Feb 3 12:44:14 GMT 2010

> How do I bind a queue to an exchange? From the example scripts
> provided with RabbitHub it is clear how to declare exchanges and
> queues but not how to bind them together...

As I understand it, you subscribe the queue's endpoint facet (something
like ../rabbithub/endpoint/q/some_queue_name) to the exchange's
subscription facet (something like /rabbithub/subscribe/x/some_queue_name).

In other words, you POST to the latter, with hub.callback set to the
former and hub.mode "subscribe" (and hub.topic as the binding key), as
in
http://pubsubhubbub.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pubsubhubbub-core-0.2.html#anchor5

RabbitHub is smart enough to recognise that the URLs are an exchange and
a queue that it controls, and will create a normal AMQP binding.  You
can subscribe exchanges and queues in other combinations, but it won't
correspond to an AMQP binding -- in these cases RabbitHub will make
Other Arrangements.

HTH
Michael