[rabbitmq-discuss] Turning consumers on/off in Erlang client

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Aug 30 19:15:28 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 01:08:52PM -0500, Jon Brisbin wrote:
> Hmmm. I was using the defaults:
>
> amqp_channel.call(Channel, #'basic.cancel'{ consumer_tag=Tag }),

Hmm. The default for nowait is false. I've just checked the erlang
client and it's only unregistering the ctag when it gets the
basic.cancel_ok back from the server, at which point it shouldn't be
seeing any further messages with that ctag.

Thus I'm not sure why you're getting such messages. If you do set the
default_consumer, could you just check that you are getting messages end
up there which correspond to subscriptions you've cancelled? If so, it
likely points to a bug in the erlang client (thus updating to the latest
head of default on the erlang-client is probably a good idea too if
you've not already).

Matthew