[rabbitmq-discuss] Building rabbitmq on snow leopard?

Robert Nicholson robert.nicholson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 15:41:25 BST 2010

What is the preferred way to build/run rabbitmq server? Since I have VM Ware Fusion that's always an option if there's an appliance.

When I try MacPorts all I end up with is what looks like an endless loop of it trying to figure out what the dependencies are.

I will include information for you here now ...

audrey:Downloads robert$ cd xmlto-0.0.23
audrey:xmlto-0.0.23 robert$ ls
AUTHORS		NEWS		configure	xmlif
COPYING		README		configure.in	xmlto.in
ChangeLog	THANKS		depcomp		xmlto.mak
FAQ		aclocal.m4	doc		xmlto.spec
INSTALL		compile		format		xmlto.spec.in
Makefile.am	config.h.in	install-sh	ylwrap
Makefile.in	config.log	missing
audrey:xmlto-0.0.23 robert$ ./configure
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for mktemp... mktemp
checking for find... find
checking for bash... /bin/sh
checking for getopt... getopt
checking for long options support in getopt... no
configure: error:
You need getopt from <http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol/getopt.html>, or
else some other implementation that supports --longoptions.

audrey:xmlto-0.0.23 robert$

When building that getopt I see

audrey:getopt-1.1.4 robert$ make
gcc -c -DLIBCGETOPT=0 -DWITH_GETTEXT= -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -DNOT_UTIL_LINUX -I./gnu  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -O3 -fno-strength-reduce getopt.c -o getopt.o
In file included from getopt.c:51:
./gnu/getopt.h:106: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
In file included from getopt.c:54:
nls.h:35:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
getopt.c: In function ‘our_malloc’:
getopt.c:91: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gettext’
getopt.c:91: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘our_realloc’:
getopt.c:101: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘parse_error’:
getopt.c:235: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘add_long_options’:
getopt.c:301: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘set_shell’:
getopt.c:321: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘print_help’:
getopt.c:326: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c: In function ‘main’:
getopt.c:378: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setlocale’
getopt.c:378: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘setlocale’
getopt.c:378: error: ‘LC_ALL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
getopt.c:378: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
getopt.c:378: error: for each function it appears in.)
getopt.c:379: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bindtextdomain’
getopt.c:379: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘bindtextdomain’
getopt.c:380: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘textdomain’
getopt.c:380: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘textdomain’
getopt.c:397: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c:446: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
getopt.c:458: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘gettext’
make: *** [getopt.o] Error 1
audrey:getopt-1.1.4 robert$

When I tried MacPorts

I see

DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libiconv
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: expat
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: expat
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: freetype
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: freetype
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gperf
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: gperf
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: zlib
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: zlib
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: zlib
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: zlib
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gettext
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: gettext
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: autoconf
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: autoconf
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: automake
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: automake
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libtool
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libtool
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: zlib
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: zlib
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libpng
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libpng
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: jpeg
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: jpeg

over and over and over