[rabbitmq-discuss] Producers hanging when reaching high memory watermark on 1.8.1

Aaron Westendorf aaron at agoragames.com
Fri Aug 13 20:16:45 BST 2010

Dave,

It's likely that flow control kicked in.  I don't know how that's
implemented in Spring, as each client is welcome to implement it as
they see fit.  You can turn it off at the broker thusly:

bofh at host:~$ cat /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config
[{rabbit, [{vm_memory_high_watermark, 0}]}].

If you have enough monitoring tools in place to keep tabs on Rabbit
and deal with your infrastructure / apps in advance of catastrophe, I
don't personally see a need for flow control.

cheers,
Aaron