[rabbitmq-discuss] Disk node vs ram node

Dave Greggory davegreggory at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 15:36:48 BST 2010

Ouch... so no way to ensure that there's something to catch messages when the
node with the original durable queue goes down?

There are several mentions throughout the site about out-of-the-box live
failover in future release, how far out is that? 6 months? 1 year?

Not a big fan of the pacemaker approach due to the number of moving parts and
different packages (pacemaker/corosync/heartbeat/erbd) to maintain and manage.
And also haven't seen any indication of people actually using that setup in a
complex VM environment in production.