[rabbitmq-discuss] New Persister merged into default

Aaron Westendorf aaron at agoragames.com
Thu Aug 12 13:31:20 BST 2010

Bummer, that's a big surprise.  I'd be curious to see a comparison
with a persister backed by a storage engine that does use mmap, like
Tokyo Cabinet.  Not that I doubt the team's abilities, we just have
had fantastic results with applications such as Varnish, TC and Mongo
which all make extensive use of mmap and let the kernel do all the
heavy lifting.  Maybe with the abstraction layer in place, we'll take
that on the next time we have a hack-a-thon day.  I'd also be curious
to try an extension of the persistent messaging, so that after X
seconds it can be thrown out.

We've decided to hold off upgrading our cluster until the next release
of Rabbit which includes this persister, we're looking forward to it.
Well done!

cheers,
Aaron

--