[rabbitmq-discuss] Using Clustering with Amazon EC2

David Allison david at brightscope.com
Mon Aug 9 18:30:59 BST 2010

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could discuss experiences they've had with using RabbitMQ clustering (as described in http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html ) on Amazon EC2.  We currently only run one queue broker, and were considering using clustering to increase reliability and availability of the queues.

Also, because the queues are currently not replicated, if a node goes down that contains a queue, is that queue immediately inaccessible, or are its contents (messages)  just lost, but clients could potentially still write to the same queue name on another broker in the cluster?

Best,
David Allison
Head of Engineering & Development
BrightScope, Inc.