[rabbitmq-discuss] Exactly Once Delivery

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at rabbitmq.com
Sat Aug 7 21:26:11 BST 2010

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> That's end-to-end dedup you are thinking of. Nothing wrong with that,
> and it doesn't require the broker to do/know anything. The context of
> the discussion here was a "broker dedups publishes" feature.

Well couldn't the broker take responsibility for the delivery itself by acking?
And use the same protocol (including perhaps a fresh message ID) to relay a
message out to a receiver on the outbound leg?

Perhaps it's a distraction: I guess I was really wondering what the New York vs
Australia part had to do with it.

Tony