[rabbitmq-discuss] Single point of failure in a clustered environment with a durable exchange and durable queues

Vince Chang vchang at ign.com
Fri Aug 6 00:42:04 BST 2010

Hello,

I have an clustered environment with 3 nodes having the following set
up:

Exchange name:  TestExchange (1 durable exchange)

Queues: Q1, Q2, Q3 (3 durable queues)

Nodes: N1, N2, N3

Cluster: N2 and N3 are clustered against N1.

Message delivery mode: 2.

The problem that I have is that N1 is a single point of failure.  When I
stop RabbitMQ service on N1, all the queues stop working.  Publishers
can no longer connect to any queues and messages cannot be enqueued.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Is it because I have a single
exchange?

Thanks!