[rabbitmq-discuss] BQL failing to start -- a code path issue?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:50:49 BST 2010

2010/04/28 Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com>:
> How are you trying to run the client? Are you using the
> version built as the zip as per the documentation at
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql.html?

  Thank you for calling attention to that -- I was just running
  `./scripts/bql' in the `rabbitmq-bql' build directory. Now
  that I'm using the one from the `.ez', I get a more
  interesting error message:

     :; ./bql -host 127.0.0.1 -port 5572
    {"init terminating in
do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{function_clause,[{inet_tcp,getserv,["5572"]},{gen_tcp,connect1,4},{gen_tcp,connect,4},{amqp_network_connection,handshake,1},{amqp_network_connection,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},[{amqp_connection,start_network_internal,2},{bql_client,connect,5},{bql_shell,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

    Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
    init terminating in do_boot ()

  The port in question is the unencrypted local port; we appear
  to have a connection failure but I have no idea as to the
  cause. Or is this actually a bad pattern match -- like maybe
  an old or nonexistent function is being called? I have two
  versions of Erlang on this system and have had some trouble
  sandboxing one from the other.

--
Jason Dusek