[rabbitmq-discuss] Client failover

Joe Healy joehealy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 08:19:48 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Gustavo Aquino
<aquino.gustavo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> First good work in HA doc. Other AMQP solutions use solutions based on
> OpenAis and in my thoughts it's a good way.
>
> Now I have one doubt have a way in RabbitMQ java or .net client to
> restablish one connection when it's down or redirect connection to passive
> server ? in other words can I configure my client with my active and passive
> server and this guy have the knowledge to use master or slave ?

We've configured it so that the passive server takes over the IP address
that rabbitmq is listening to so whether it is running using the active or
passive server clients still use the same IP address.

The document also suggests this.

I'm not sure on the behaviour of the .net or java client regarding
automatically reconnecting. I think this is something you will need to
manage in your application - I could be wrong though.

Hope that helps,

Joe