[rabbitmq-discuss] init terminating in do_boot at starting time

Mark Lin mlin at admob.com
Fri Apr 23 03:23:29 BST 2010

Running debian version(lenny) of rabbitmq.  After upgrading erlang with backported version of erlang-* packages, I start to see this error message.

sudo -u rabbitmq rabbitmq-server
{"init terminating in do_boot",{'cannot load',error_handler,get_files}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

It looks like I am doing something really fundamentally wrong.  I needed the new version of erlang packages because rabbitmq-shovel plugin needs rabbitmq-inets package which only exists in squeeze and above branch.  Appreciate any suggestion and help.

Thanks,
Mark