[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker stops accepting messages after 887 messages sent

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Apr 22 22:29:24 BST 2010

Hi John,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 05:21:20PM -0400, john odendahl wrote:
> I start sending messages and on roughly the 887th message the broker stops
> accepting messages.
> I kill the broker (even try deleting /var/lib/rabbitmq), restart him. Same
> thing, the 887th causes the broker to stop receiving messages.

I have a suspicion that the broker has raised channel.flow because it's
run out of memory and is thus preventing you from sending any further
messages. But 887 messages is very low, unless your messages are pretty
big. Also, the stack trace you sent doesn't really indicate this is the
problem. What does rabbit's logs have to say?

Matthew