[rabbitmq-discuss] Cool NoSQL conf next week in London

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:33:41 BST 2010

Hi

It seems there is an affinity between messaging use cases and some of
those addressed by "NoSQL" data stores.  I feel our communities
overlap, so I am comfortable promoting this event on the list.  Below
is an email from James Governor, one of the organisers.  I understand
this is a pay-for event.

alexis

----

One of the hottest topics in software development right now is what is
being called NoSQL. What is that? Here is a definition from
no-sqldatabase.org

   NoSQL databases mostly address some of the points: being
non-relational, distributed, open-source and horizontal scalable. The
original intention has been modern web-scale databases. The movement began
early 2009 and is growing rapidly. Often more characteristics apply as:
schema-free, replication support, easy API, eventually consistency / BASE
(not ACID), and more. So the misleading term "nosql" (the community now
translates it mostly with "not only sql") should be seen as an alias to
something like the definition above.

There's just under a week to go until NoSQL Europe, our conference about
NoSQL technologies, and how you use them. We've got a fantastic line up,
including keynotes from Amazon's Werner Vogels, The Guardian's Matt Wall;
speakers from Twitter, The BBC, Rackspace, Basho, 10gen, Neo Technology
and many others over 2 days. We have some fantastic workshops lined up on
Riak, MongoDB, Redis, and Neo4J, from members of their development teams
or core contributors.

Are you a European web or enterprise developer interested in using
different approaches to scale data-driven apps, who wants to know Where
have All The Good Databases Gone?  Then this is the show for you. Tickets
are available from

http://nosqleu.com/