[rabbitmq-discuss] Calling AS/400 service programs via RabbitMQ

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Tue Apr 13 20:37:51 BST 2010

Another thing I forgot to mention in the blog post is that this same principle works for any native language calls. For instance, we're also creating listeners that run functions inside C++ DLLs on win32 boxes.

The obvious: why not just use the native clients? Our C++ developers use VisualStudio 2003 on old XP boxes, for one... No C# or .NET anywhere. Just plain C++ and some boost library usage.

We bought a copy of VS2008 the other day and I think they're trying to get something hacked up using that.

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.