[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Admin API

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Wed Apr 7 16:04:36 BST 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Matthew Sackman <matthew at lshift.net> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 06:51:54PM +0100, Marco Mistroni wrote:
>>  is there  a rabbitmq admin API, so that i can for example view all channels
>> per host?
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#list_channels
>
>> I know rabbitMQ has a different approach to JMS , and you can create and
>> destroy channels on the fly..
>> is ther an API that allows me to view all queues / topic  for a predefined
>> exchange>?
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#list_bindings though you'll
> have to do some filtering of the output.
>
> In general, monitoring is something we're currently spending a lot of
> time thinking about, so you could expect this area to improve in the
> future. If you have any thoughts on this front, we'd be interested to
> hear them.

This is a random and slightly disjointed thought, but I recall a
discussion about using counters to track various metrics in rabbitmq.
Have you looked at gproc?

Perhaps you already have something similar -- I've been meaning to
look to see how rabbitmq tracks processes and state for external
consumption (something I'm discovering is an important design
consideration in Erlang for very high process counts).

Garrett