[rabbitmq-discuss] supervisor2 (was Re: rabbitmq_status_web crashed on daylight savings time switchover, took down RabbitMQ)

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Apr 7 06:41:47 BST 2010

Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
> majek04 wrote:
>> I'm not sure what we should do about it.
>
> supervisor2.erl? We could add some kind of exponential-backoff retry
> thing, along the lines of init and/or daemontools.

Like
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-shovel/annotate/default/src/supervisor3.erl
?

It only introduces a fixed delay rather than exponential backoff, but
that should be good enough and, if not, would be easy to add.

Anyway, the bug should get fixed in the next OTP release, which ought to
happen way before the next DST change cycle.

Matthias.