[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq-c compatibility

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Apr 5 18:34:15 BST 2010

Mark Steele wrote:
> How hard would it be to get SSL support (including client
> certificates)?

As Scott pointed out, at the C level it ought to be doable now, but
isn't exactly easy. I've never written an SSL client or server
application in C before so I've no idea how cleanly SSL integrates with
ordinary select()ish programs.

Another option you could consider is to look for something like stunnel4
but which runs in reverse, and run it on your PHP machines. The PHP
programs would connect to localhost without SSL, and the stunnel-like
program would connect out to the Rabbit server with SSL on their behalf.
I'm not sure if anything like this exists.

Tony