[rabbitmq-discuss] basic_qos(prefetch_count=1) NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Fri Apr 2 16:38:54 BST 2010

Hi Ray,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 04:26:00PM -0400, Ray Slakinski wrote:
> When I set basic_qos to 1 I get an NOT IMPLEMENTED error coming back from RabbitMQ, we are using 1.7.2 and txamqp, I was looking at an example of someone using this setting on 1.6 and working ok, so I wanted to know if its just broke in 1.7.2 and if so is there a patch forthcoming or do I need to compile things differently?

> txamqp.client.Closed: Method(name=close, id=60) (540, 'NOT_IMPLEMENTED - prefetch_size!=0 (1)', 60, 10) content = None

Looks like a bug in the client to me - you're setting prefetch_count,
which we do implement, but the server's receiving a non-zero value for
prefetch_size (which we don't implement).

You could try explicitly setting prefetch_size to 0 as well, and see if
that helps, but unless there's something funny going on elsewhere, it
smells like a bug in txamqp to me (though I've not checked the code).

Matthew