[rabbitmq-discuss] librabbitmq, expire message

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Wed Sep 30 10:55:53 BST 2009

Hi Alexandre,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:40:13AM +0400, Alexandre Kalendarev wrote:
> Can I to use expire parameter in the RabbitMQ messaging?
> When I can to set the expire parameter?
> Is the support the expire parameter  the RabbitMQ ?

The Time To Live (TTL) is an oft requested feature and certainly one
that we plan to implement in the future. However, it will be a few
releases yet before we will support it. At the moment, Rabbit does not
support message expiry at all, however, this can be worked around in
application logic provided you embed a timestamp within the message and
your receiving consumers are able to understand the timestamp and drop
messages which are too old.

Matthew