[rabbitmq-discuss] File changes from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Tue Sep 29 15:34:48 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 03:22:50PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> 1.7 will have a different mnesia schema and a totally different
> persister layout. Whilst we have considered being able to migrate the
> persister contents, migrating between mnesia schemas is far more
> painful. It's likely that we'll recommend using a client that connects
> to both versions of Rabbit, and copies messages from the old to the
> new.

Ahh, Matthias has just reminded me that 1.7 is being released before
the new persister, and so will be able to use the persister.log file
from 1.6 installations. So far, there have been no reasons to change
the mnesia schema either so unless that changes between now and 1.7
being released, then you should be able to upgrade seemlessly.

My comments above really refer to when the new persister gets released.

Sorry for creating confusion.

Matthew