[rabbitmq-discuss] Return of 'getting started, broker runs; can't get status'

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Tue Sep 22 15:09:15 BST 2009

You rock.  Details below.

On Tue 22 Sep 2009 19:36, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're starting to run low on ideas, but here are a few others that can be
> tried:
>
>    - Change the RABBITMQ_NODENAME in the rabbitmq-server script to
>    rabbit at localhost (or some other predictable host name), and then use the
>    -n flag on rabbitmqctl to force it as well.

replacing ${RABBITMQ_NODENAME} with rabbit at localhost and using
rabbitmqctl -n worked!

Previously it was using rabbit at gandalf, where gandalf was the computer
name.  Pinging gandalf.local still gives me 127.0.0.1, so I'm not sure
why this makes a difference, but apparently it does.

I can at least go from here.

If you want me to further debug this to figure out the root cause, I'm
happy to try anything else for you.

Thanks again!

--
   J. Aaron Farr