[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang has closed

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Sep 18 13:43:23 BST 2009

Tsuraan,

tsuraan wrote:
> And, a final self-reply before I shut up, it looks like one of my
> queues disappeared.  I know this was an issue in 1.5.3, but I think
> it was supposedly fixed in 1.5.5 and 1.6.0.

I am not aware of any problem in that area that got fixed in those
releases. Have you got a reference?

> I don't have any errors in my rabbit log (other than errors about
> processes trying to use the missing queue), my sasl log is empty, and
> I don't have an erlang crash dump anywhere.

In that case the only way for the queue to have disappeared is as part
of auto-deletion due to the 'exclusive' or 'auto-delete' flag being set,
or explicit deletion with 'queue.delete'. Unless you are running in a
cluster, in which case queues can disappear if the node they reside on
disappears.

Regards,

Matthias.