[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang has closed

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:38:39 BST 2009

> Is there anything in the sasl log?

Yeah.  I've never seen anything in that file before, but there is today:

=CRASH REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::21:08:20 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.26060.21>
    registered_name: []
    exception error: bad argument in an arithmetic expression
      in function  rabbit_load:pick/0
      in call from rabbit_reader:compute_redirects/1
      in call from rabbit_reader:handle_method0/2
      in call from rabbit_reader:handle_method0/3
      in call from rabbit_reader:handle_input/3
      in call from rabbit_reader:mainloop/3
      in call from rabbit_reader:start_connection/3
    initial call: rabbit_reader:init(<0.171.0>)
    ancestors: [rabbit_tcp_client_sup,rabbit_sup,<0.108.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [#Port<0.208888>,<0.171.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 699
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Sep-2009::21:08:20 ===
     Supervisor: {local,rabbit_tcp_client_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     badarith
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.26060.21>},
                  {name,tcp_client},
                  {mfa,{rabbit_reader,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,temporary},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

This is 1.6.0, running on a badly overloaded machine with a degraded
RAID array :)  Either way, I'm guessing that the badarith is actually
a bug of some sort?