[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang has closed

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:04:32 BST 2009

As RabbitMQ is running, I sometimes get messages saying "Erlang has
closed".  These don't seem to be associated with any actual failure or
shutdown; a single long-running rabbit will sometimes have a dozen or
more "Erlang has closed" messages on its standard output.  Rabbit is
still running fine, and I don't see any problems, but the message is a
bit strange.  I also see, in my logs, this triplet of messages:

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Sep-2009::16:45:48 ===
    application: rabbit
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Sep-2009::16:45:48 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Sep-2009::16:45:48 ===
    application: os_mon
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

I don't think those are associated with any interruption either, but
maybe the system is just recovering from that.  Anyhow, some sort of
advice on what these mean, and why I don't need to worry about them
would be great :-)