[rabbitmq-discuss] Python lib for failing over automatically

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 06:39:40 BST 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if it would help anyone, but we're posting our wrapper
for py-amqplib that handles transparently reconnecting to a new Rabbit
node when an old one dies. It works well for us, but we'd appreciate
any feedback. Hopefully, it'll help other folks with a similar need.

One note is we don't use RMQ clustering (we had some issues around
dead nodes rejoining and not being able to access their persistent
queues post-join). So this library is designed for a scenario where
you have 2 or more Rabbit nodes that are independent. It should work
for a cluster scenario but hasn't been tested for that.

It's missing our code around consuming resiliently (only handles
connections and publishing)...we'll add that as soon as we get it
extracted from our apps and abstracted into this lib.

http://github.com/williamsjj/py-resilient_mq

-J