[rabbitmq-discuss] Performance degrades with increasing queue depth

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:33:05 BST 2009

Aisha,

Not wanting to hijack this thread another time, but....

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Aisha Fenton<aisha.fenton at gmail.com> wrote:
> The library I'm using (http://github.com/celldee/bunny/tree/master) is
> synchronous only. I'm considering switching to (http://github.com/tmm1/amqp/tree/master
> ) which is async and uses libevent. However, I've read that there are
> problems with msg acknowledges in apps that use libevent, because the
> OS can buffer the ack responses. And although I'm not using ack yet, I
> want to in my production system.

I am interested as to what the specific issue is with sending acks
with libevent - are you saying that the app can issue an ack and this
can potentially go AWOL between the the libevent API returning and the
point it time when the AMQP frame is actually written to the socket?

Ben