[rabbitmq-discuss] java client error

Paul Jones pauljones23 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:05:03 BST 2009

Hi Aniruddh,

The HelloServer class is in the package com.rabbitmq.examples, so you'll
find the compiler will have placed the .class file into an appropriate
directory structure.

Perhaps try running the command for java as:
  java com.rabbitmq.examples.HelloServer

Running Java from the command line is generally unpleasant for any
non-trivial amount of code. I would recommend downloading (and finding a
guide for) Netbeans or Eclipse as these tools make things substantially
easier. Unfortunately, we're not able to provide any assistance with setting
up these tools though, since they really are out of the realm of the Rabbit
server.

Paul.