[rabbitmq-discuss] Recommended python library for simple use?

Allen Fowler allen.fowler at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 23:41:04 BST 2009

Hello,

I am starting to build an application using Queue fifo object in python's "multiprocessing" module to distribute task units to worker processes.

Since I would like to eventually bring in some other components written in .net, I am thinking of trying to use RabbitMQ instead.

I have two questions:

1) Is it hard to set up RabbitMQ for single machine use?

2) I see there are a few AMQP projects for python.  What should I use?

Notes on my app:

Each task unit is less than 1kb and I don't intend for the queue to be allowed to grow than ~200 task units long.  At that point, I have the task producer set to pause and wait until the queue goes down.

I do want to be able to flag certain tasks as "dependant", so that a certain task must be marked "done" before it's dependent can can run.

Thank you,
:)