[rabbitmq-discuss] list_connections output

Chuck Remes cremes.devlist at mac.com
Tue Sep 1 22:08:54 BST 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Chuck Remes wrote:

> What does it mean when the user column in the "list_connections"
> output is 'none'?
>
> cremes$ ./rabbitmqctl list_connections
> Listing connections ...
> none	10.10.48.86	59828
> guest	10.10.48.86	59808
> ...done.
>

> I have a client connecting to rabbit but for some reason it is getting
> assigned the name 'none' upon connection. It should be 'guest' like
> the other connection listed.
>
> The 'none' connection times out after exactly 10 seconds and then
> disappears. Is that timeout inside rabbit? What triggers it?

I didn't discover the specific answer to my question above but I did
figure out my problem. I was doing some work in ruby using the amqp
library. I had accidently embedded a call to AMQP.start inside an
existing call to EM.run. The outer EM.run was superfluous so I removed
it and all is well. The list_connections command started returning the
second connection as 'guest' after my code fix.

cr