[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring queue size via Nagios

Ask Solem askh at opera.com
Thu Oct 29 12:42:13 GMT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Tim Rosenblatt wrote:

> Yep! Good addition.
>
> Also to note: you will probably have to configure sudoers to allow
> nagios to run rabbitmqctl without prompting for a password. Use the
> following line
>
> nagios                          ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/
> rabbitmqctl

Cool, I didn't know about -q.

You can even restrict it to specific rabbitmqctl subcommands, for my
munin plugins[1] I use:

munin ALL= NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl list_queues *
munin ALL= NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl list_connections

This way you don't give it access to stop, reset etc.

[1]: http://github.com/ask/rabbitmq-munin