[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring RabbitMQ with rabbitmqctl list_queues

Ryan Berdeen ryan at echonest.com
Thu Oct 22 19:04:12 BST 2009

Hi,

I have a simple realtime monitor for RabbitMQ that displays the list
of several queues, and updates every second.

I'd like to use "rabbitmqctl list_queues" to do this, as it sounds
like it would be a lot easier than my current solution, which is to
use the Python amqp client to get the queue length.

Will running this every second have an impact on performance or
otherwise be a bad idea? Is there a different solution I should
consider?

Thanks,

Ryan