[rabbitmq-discuss] Java API V1.6.0 - Performance problem with basicConsume and dynamic bindings

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Oct 22 15:29:54 BST 2009

Franck,

Boisson, Franck wrote:
> Doing that, after a couple of sec and before having finished to ask for
> all “dynamic bindings”, my incoming message listener if falling behind
> (messages are waiting on queue A and this number never decrease but
> increase).

Does the consumer stop receiving messages altogether or does it just
slow down?

Do either the client or server max out the CPU?

Does the binding creation continue to proceed after the point when you
observe the listener falling behind?

How many bindings are you creating in total?

Are you using a topic exchange?

Regards,

Matthias.