[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors Running on Win 2008 as a service

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Oct 20 07:32:35 BST 2009

Allen,

Allen Jones wrote:
> That was my assumption. I have changed my approach to messaging and have
> dramatically reduced the amount of data I am pushing through RMQ. So I seem
> to have solved the problem.

Pushing lots of data through rabbit shouldn't be a problem; it's when
rabbit has to *buffer/store* lots of data - because either there are no
consumers or they are too slow - that memory consumption becomes an issue.

> I was finding it near impossible to find any info on the mnesia database
> that RMQ uses. Do you know of anything useful.

Try http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/part_frame.html

Note that RabbitMQ only stores routing and configuration information in
mnesia. Messages are stored separately, using custom code.

Regards,

Matthias.