[rabbitmq-discuss] mochiweb plugin

Paul Jones pauljones23 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:03:23 BST 2009

Ben,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Ben Browitt <ben.browitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've repeated all the steps and still getting the error.
> It happens when jsonrpc tries to use rabbit_mochiweb_registry. Erlang
> complains that the proc is not registered.
>

>> As an aside, if you're wanting the functionality previously provided by
>> rabbitmq-http2, then you'll also want to link in the
>> rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel plugin - this plugin provides the actual support
>> for making JSON-RPC calls against the rabbit channel objects.
>>

> I know. I'm trying to create a plugin that uses the mochiweb plugin but got
> errors so I've tried using the jsonrpc
> plugin as a reference but got the same errors.

I take it that when you remove the jsonrpc plugin, the broker starts up ok?
If it does, can you bring up the Erlang toolbar (toolbar:start()), open the
application monitor, and let me know what processes are running under the
rabbit_mochiweb application? I'd be interested to know if the registry is
perhaps crashing out.

If you just try to register a static docroot from an Erlang terminal in this
state (Rabbit running, but with no plugins other than
mochiweb/rabbit_mochiweb), does it work?

Another option when developing plugins is to do a "make run" from the plugin
directory. As long as you've declared the dependencies in the Makefile (and
are using our standard include.mk), then you should find that it will
auto-wire the dependencies automatically, and prevent you needing to do
symlinks.

Paul.