[rabbitmq-discuss] mochiweb plugin

Ben Browitt ben.browitt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:08:24 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Paul Jones <pauljones23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> We'll have a look at these issues and get them corrected as quickly as
> possible.
>
> As for installing mochiweb, the mochiweb.ez file does need to be installed
> into your plugin directory - the rabbitmq-mochiweb is mainly focussed on
> providing a support layer around it.

If mochiweb.ez should be installed in the plugin directory it will help if
you can document it or even better create two plugins, rabbitmq-mochiweb for
the wrapper and mochiweb for mochiweb itself.
When I run make in the rabbitmq-mochiweb folder I saw that mochiweb is being
downloaded and compiled automatically so I thought the plugin is taking care
of everything for me.

Can you explain more about the process that you're following to get the
> error you report? The plugin activation process itself shouldn't cause
> applications to be started - I'm assuming you're seeing this error when
> booting rabbit after installing the plugins?

Yes, I'm getting the error when running rabbit after compiling, linking and
activating the plugins.

I've created the umbrella project
compiled the rabbitmq-mochiweb, erlang-rfc4627 and rabbitmq-jsonrpc plugins
linked the three plugins to the rabbitmq-server/plugins directory
run the scripts/rabbitmq-activate-plugins script
rabbitmq-server/make run

Ben